ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED is a very common Error which is caused on all devices such as Android, Windows, MAC and all the other devices and on all the browsers like Chrome etc. and you see this site can’t be reached.
So, here in this article I will teach you how can you fix this error and can access the sites which are being locked due to this error.
Before we learn how to fix or resolve it on your PC let me clear a few basic terms about this error.
What is ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED?
Mostly when this type of error is shown on your computer screen it means your computer is unable to find the IP address associated with that specific domain name.
In other words there may be a problem with your computer’s DNS settings which causes this error and your browser cannot handle the request and shows “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED” error.
Most Common Reason of this Error?
Well, there is not any fixed reason or a few number of reasons but the major reason is which I have already told you above.
But a few more have been discussed below;
- There is a DNS problem in your Computer.
- The site you are trying to access is not configured well.
- You have not cleared the DNS of your browser for a long time.
Let’s move further and learn how to FIX ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and This Site Can’t be reached.
How to Fix ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED?
Below I have listed the best possible methods to fix this error which you can follow to resolve it.
#1. Flush Your DNS
Flushing your computer’s DNS is the first and the recommend method which you can follow to resolve the error on your Android and Windows devices even on Chrome and other devices.
Follow the steps given below to proceed;
- Click on the start button and in the search bar type CMD and hit the enter key.
- Now a Command Prompt window will appear, there type IPCONFIG/FLUSHDNS and then press the enter key.
- That’s it your computer’s DNS has been resolved and now you will not see, this site can’t be reached or ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error anymore.
OK Guys, this was all about how can you fix this error on your Android and Windows devices.